Wednesday 4 May 2011

Starting A Final

To photograph my slides I made my characters out of paper and moved them around on a piece of paper and took a photograph, I made my boy in a few positions so that I would be able to show that he is climbing up the tree (rather than flying up next to it)...





I made my birds in a couple of sizes so that it wasn't bigger than the boy when it came out of the tree and then I could use the bigger bird for more of a focus for the rest of the animation...



I made my tree in two separate sections too so that it would fit square to a horizontal piece of a4 paper, here is the top section...




I made all these characters and pieces out of paper and coloured them in felt tip pens.

I started photographing my pieces on a table, but I found it so hard to keep the camera in the same position and take a photograph with a steady hand. I decided to blu-tac my characters to a piece of paper on the wall in a place where my camera could take the photograph without any other objects in the way. To keep my camera steady I blu-tacced it to a table so I could just press the shutter without moving the camera (however blu-tac isn't the strongest so some shots are slightly blurrier than I anticipated).

Here are a few of my shots...






After I put these images onto photoshop they looked blurry, dark and messy so I put them onto photoshop again and changed the levels to brighten them up, I also used to clone tool to merge in the sections where i had accidentally photographed the wall in the background etc ...





This really brightened them up and made them clearer. I then put them onto after effects as a sequence...

No comments:

Post a Comment