Friday 8 April 2011

Rayograms

To experiment with different ways and methods of creating images and slides we went into the dark room and experimented with rayograms. To do this I bought in a few small items from home, placed them on the photograph paper and experimented with different light exposures to see which times worked best and which images worked best. Here are my results:

These are the first couple I did, they didnt work out too well...


I didnt put enough exposure on the end which is why it's bright white and you can't see the image on the right hand side.

This sample worked better, I got the spacing and the timing better to work out my exposures:



I decided to make bigger sample sizes and to include extra objects to see how different items would work and whether making it on a bigger scale would improve my experiments...



These worked much better

I moved away from these objects and used different objects to make images with just one light exposure instead of sample slides...

I used an earring and some coins to make this piece with one light exposure over the whole piece


I used my headphones for this image and again just one light exposure over the whole image.

I liked the idea of using rayograms to make a final animation, however I think this would be a very expensive method and would be very time consuming as it's hard to stay in the dark room for a long period of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment